Sunday, October 14, 2007

October Lovely of the Month!

This month we feature Denise Hughes, who was a winner of our eight week "Summer of ScrapLovin' Challenge".

Here is a little about Denise in her own words:

Hi! My name is Denise Hughes. I’ve been scrapbooking for 7 years now. Scrapbooking is my favorite pass time. I find it very relaxing. My scrapbook style has really evolved over the past 2 years. Everything inspires me, whether it’s another LO in a gallery, an ad in a magazine, a competition, or just something outdoors!

I‘ve been a SAHM for the last 20 years and have only worked for a very short time outside of the home. I love photography. I recently got my degree in photography online. I love taking photos and altering them. My other passion is painting. I love to paint with acrylic. I owned an online Wholesale Co. for 2 years and sold floor clothes and painted items to stores all over the USA. It out grew what I could do by myself, and not sure if I wanted to take the next step, I closed up shop and walked away. I miss it sometimes, but scrapbooking feels that void.
I have a wonderful supportive husband, Charles, 5 children, and 1 sweet grand daughter, which are the subjects for most of my LOs. I’m a very proud mom of three children in the Army. My van shows it!

I’m very honored to be the October Lovely of the Month. There’s so much talent here. I’m looking forward to working with Suzanne, all the DT lovelies, and all the wonderful lovelies at Scrap Love!

No comments: